What Is The Purpose of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a wonderful solution for those looking to brighten their smiles. In a society where first impressions are so important, it is our pleasure to offer excellent cosmetic dentistry solutions to give you the smile of your dreams. Porcelain veneers can restore chipped, crooked, and stained teeth to a natural, beautiful look.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells fabricated from high-quality dental porcelain that are custom designed for each customer. This allows us to have a tremendous amount of control over the final appearance of your smile.
What Are The Advantages Of Porcelain Veneers?
- The high-quality porcelain will resist staining for many years.
- The porcelain looks very natural and will blend in with your natural teeth for a very beautiful smile.
- Because of the natural, porcelain color they are essentially invisible and most people will never know you have them.
- Veneers are easy to repair in comparison to other treatment options.
- Veneers require the removal of a small amount of tooth enamel in comparison to other treatments.
- The discomfort level of the treatment is relatively low.
What Is The Procedure For Porcelain Veneers?
During the first visit, your teeth will be prepared for veneers by removing a thin layer of enamel from the surface of the teeth that will receive the veneers. The amount removed is as little as ½ millimeter and is comparable to the thickness of a fingernail. This is the approximate thickness of the veneers that will be placed on your teeth. At this same appointment, the dentist will make impressions of your teeth so that the laboratory can fabricate your custom veneers. We will also place temporary veneers until yours arrive.
Your next appointment will be approximately three weeks later. This is when the dentist will place the veneers and make any last adjustments to them in color or shape. A special chemical will be used to strengthen the bond of the porcelain veneers to your teeth.